Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Something about green

I had dinner with a few friends at Doc Greens on Saturday night. I really enjoyed the Dr. Greek salad with grilled chicken. It had all of the right ingredients and the chicken was nice and moist. The mashed potatoes with gravy was good, not 'wow', but good. I will definitely be going back there.

It must have been all of the green that I ate that made me create this necklace. It is silver toned chain with a focal point of 3 wire wrapped ClinkIts in shades of green and blue green. I plan on making more of this style. I'm really into the new chain selection at Michael's. It makes it easy for everybody to make trendy jewelry. I will have to take a better picture of this when it's not cloudy out. Here is a close up of the center.


I also made a few other things which will show up here over the next week, and then eventually make their way into my shop. It felt great to be over my friend's crafting. I really think I need to craft more and get out of my habit of vegging in front of the TV every night.

I've also decided it's time to de-crapify the house. The clutter and crapola all over is getting to me. Today I bought stacking bins for the kids' toys. I also went through my craft stuff (in the dining room) and found a bunch of stuff to donate, move downstairs and toss. Next I have to tackle the guest room, which has become the laundry overflow room. I wash the clothes, but they never make it back upstairs and put away. Do any of you have this problem?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So pretty!!! I can't wait to see what else you come up with. :)