Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

After cooking all day, I finally am able to rest a bit and write. We started the day with Belgian waffles with walnuts. Had some queso dip around 1pm and Dinner was served at 4. This was the first year that I correctly estimated how long the Turkey would take to cook. I always go by the charts, but it usually takes an hour longer than the charts say. Perhaps after three years, I'm finally getting the hang of my quirky 1970's oven. I took the pecan pie out a little while ago, which everybody will enjoy later I'm sure.

This year I made three stuffings. Vegetarian for my In-Laws, inside the turkey for my brother-in-laws and myself, and just from the box for my husband. I made two types of mashed potatoes: regular and a small batch using Lactaid milk for one of my brother-in-laws. Everything else was only one version, thankfully. Other than burning the roasted garlic, everything turned out great.

I still have to run out to the convenience store and grab a paper to see what good deals there are tomorrow. My husband has his eyes set on a HD camcorder. I plan on buying tons of craft stuff I don't really need (but really want) at JoAnn's or Michael's. I hope you all had a wonderful day and good luck if you're shopping tomorrow!

No comments: