Monday, March 31, 2008

Am I a year wiser?

I'm a year older as of Saturday. I turned 35 and all I could think was, "Am I really 35??!?" I don't feel my age. Although I know my youthful days at college are long gone and I've finally fully accepted the fact that I am a mother of two, somehow I still feel like it isn't all real. I can look at older photos of myself and see a lack of wrinkles that I now have but I certainly feel like the same person. I am truthfully 'young at heart' and I still enjoy kidding around. I look at my brother-in-law who is 25 and I don't see him as a 25 year old man. I see him as the 13 year old boy with large round glasses who talked way too loud next to me at my now in-laws kitchen table when I was visiting their house for the first time. (Boy was that a lot of nervousness for nothing!)

I think what's important for me is that in the last year I've really started to embrace the idea of doing good and being good. Helping those in need even if it's a stranger who is struggling with a newborn carrier and a shopping cart. Saying good things to those who need a little bit of comfort or an ear to talk to, even thinking good thoughts about myself instead of constantly giving way too much attention to negative ones. So I guess my new self motto is, "Do Good, Be Good, Think Good." That can't be too bad, can it?

I appreciate you taking the time to hear my ramble of the day! I hope you're having a good one!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Happy belated birthday! Age is truly a thing of the mind.

Amber Dawn Inventive Soul said...

~*HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!*~



YAY!!! you are 35!
*SO* YOUNG!
Amber Dawn